Windward Design Group is a manufacturer of high quality outdoor furniture and replacement cushions. Our office and factory is located in the Sarasota Bradenton area near the airport. We are currently looking to fulfill the positions shown below. Windward offers an exciting, fast-paced environment, we invite you to move your career forward and learn what it means to become a part of the Windward family.
OUTDOOR FURNITURE SALES REP
Windward Design Group, located in Sarasota, Fl is a family owned business celebrating our 25th year proudly manufacturing high quality outdoor furniture. We are seeking Independent Outdoor Furniture Reps with established retailer relations and documented success. Two available territories;
- Territory: OH,MI,KS & MO
Please reply with resume to:
Rod Krasley - National Sales Manager
Or visit us at the Chicago Casual Market booth 7-2130
Windward Design Group is a manufacturer of outdoor furnishings and has been in the Sarasota/Bradenton area since the company was founded in 1990. We are currently seeking the right individual to fill our Technology Director position. This is a new position due to the growth of the company. We're looking forward to meeting you!
The immediate goal of this position is to coordinate all facets of implementation of the MISys Manufacturing System. This software implementation, which integrates with the Sage 50 Accounting System, is currently in progress, and now needs a full-time, onsite manager to see it through to completion of the current and subsequent phases of installation.
Essential Job Functions:
• Analyzes the needs of different departments and determines ways to meet business objectives by modifying existing or developing new information processing systems.
• Establishes, plans, and administers the overall policies and goals for the technology of the company.
• IT Help Desk Support for 20+ employees
• Assumes Project Manager role and works with current outside consultants on the MISys / Sage 50 Project Status. Completes current and future implementation phases.
• Partners with all levels of management and all to refine and control the MISys project scope, design, and resources requirements.
• Tracks progress made by other employees on tasks such as Bill of Material creation, pricing confirmation, sales order testing, etc., and reports to executive team.
• Understands the MISys and Sage 50 Products and can work directly with software consultants and tech support on this project.
• Learns and understands the reports of retiring legacy software to comprehend requirements for the transition and Going Live with MISys and Sage 50.
• Manages multiple concurrent tasks of the MISys inventory and manufacturing management tracking system, containing hardware and software elements
• Reports progress of the project to management, and manages deadlines for Going Live with the system.
• Ensures all Windward internal procedures for the MISys and Sage 50 software systems are documented.
• Provides local training to Windward employees using both MISys and Sage 50.
• Provides local technical support to Windward employees using both MISys and Sage 50, and/or contacts outside support when needed.
• Generates operational and financial reporting using Crystal Reports and other tools as needed.
• Validates and corrects transactions within the MISys and Sage 50 system.
• Participates in business process changes and enhancements to the software as needed.
• Works with consultants and vendors to ensure systems continuity, compatibility and enhancement.
• Follows and maintains all aspects of Windward New Product Introductions in the system.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years in Project Management.
• Knowledge of the following:
• Crystal Reports (must be highly proficient)
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Accounting and Inventory Systems (Sage 50 is a plus)
• Inventory / Manufacturing Software Systems (MISys is a plus)
• implementation of and general experience with bar coding system
• Microsoft reporting services
• A strong understanding of manufacturing operations, inventory and accounting is required
• Solution engineering and planning
• Ability analytics to manipulate, analyze, and interpret the software.
• Critical thinking and problem solving ability
• Ability to work with employees on the manufacturing floor, consult with them, and work towards implementing needed procedures, forms, reports, and labels.
• Effective at performing detail oriented tasks, and data analysis.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, able to write documentation and procedures.
• Self-motivated individual with the desire to succeed and motivate others.
• Strong sense of urgency with a demonstrated record of aggressively meeting commitments
• Strong analytical and resolution skills
To apply, respond with your resume, or stop by to meet us!
Windward Design Group
1130 Commerce Blvd N
Sarasota, FL 34243
Commercial Fabric Cutter
We are a true 'Made in the USA' outdoor furniture manufacturer seeking the right people to fit
into our growing team. We currently have an opening for a COMMERCIAL FABRIC CUTTER.
Duties include laying out of patterns, tracing and cutting upholstery fabric into designated
pieces, tagging pieces for production, visually inspecting fabric for flaws, and recording completed
We will train, if necessary, but the ideal candidates will have prior cutting/sewing experience in a manufacturing environment, be punctual self-starters who can work with minimal direction, have a positive attitude, good communication skills, attention to detail, and pride in craftsmanship and quality assurance. The above positions hold hours of approximately 6am - 2:30pm M-F during regular season and extended hours (to 4:30pm and Saturdays) during peak season.
Compensation package includes paid holidays, medical/dental/vision benefits, and vacation.
If interested, please stop by our main office to complete an application at:
Windward Design Group
1130 Commerce Blvd N
Sarasota, FL 34243